seeking justice on behalf of our clients

Attorney Group Picture


seeking justice on behalf of our clients

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Employment Law
  4.  » What to do if you are wrongfully terminated

What to do if you are wrongfully terminated

On Behalf of | Feb 26, 2021 | Employment Law

Were you recently terminated from your employment? If you believe that your firing was improper, there are actions you can take. This will be especially applicable if you believe that your firing was retaliation for whistleblowing. Your best bet will be to hire an Indiana wrongful termination lawyer.

What does retaliation look like?

Your best bet to deal with retaliation for whistleblowing will be to hire a wrongful termination lawyer. Here are some of the most common and easily recognizable forms retaliation can take:

  • Being fired from your job without sufficient explanation
  • Being laid off with no return date in sight
  • Being denied promotion or a pay raise
  • Reduction of hours or pay
  • Being chastised or threatened in front of other employees
  • Being threatened in private by your manager or company owner

Can you claim whistleblower protection?

Under Indiana state law, you have a limited amount of time to file a whistleblower complaint with OSHA. Depending on the nature of your claim, this time may be between 30 and 180 days. You may contact OSHA by mail, email or fax. You can also file a claim on their official site or visit them at the nearest local office.

If your complaint is judged to be valid, OSHA will schedule an interview. During this time, you can fully describe the nature of the complaint and give them all of the relevant info.

How can you fight retaliation?

If you believe that you have been retaliated against in Indiana, you can take action. You can hire the services of an attorney. Your lawyer will work with you to file your claim and help you to get the justice you deserve. The time for you to arrange for a consultation with a qualified attorney is now.